I remember back in the days (circa 1990-2000) when I didn’t really want the entire world knowing my little, silly, quirks. But the older I get, frankly, I just don’t really give a damn! I might as well publish them in a blog and let everyone know what they are, before someone finds out, and tries to use them against me in a court of law. I guess you can look at this as me being pro-active in the personal quirk department.
In no certain order, here are some of my quirks that makes me who I am. If you are female, can personally identify with at least 5 of them, but not all of them, then maybe you and I should hook up. If you identify with all of them, then hit the road baby. I really don’t want to date myself because I know what a pathetic little bug that I really can be.
Okay, drum roll, please….
1. My cell phone resembles a cell phone used by Fred Flintstone. It flips open and has an antenna. I don’t have a data plan on it either. Just cell and text service. I have been eyeing an iPhone but all that new technology might make me blow a gasket.
2. I have no idea what a gasket is.
3. My favorite breakfast is a soft NY pretzel and a Diet Coke. (Note: If you’re a Gastroenterologist, keep your thoughts to yourself)
4. I can’t pee in open urinals.
5. I use to like Fig Newtons until I was told they are made from figs.
6. I love to write, but sometimes, I use way too many, commas.
7. My dream shopping spree would be at Staples and not Macy’s.
8. I love the NY Yankees and the LA Dodgers. I’m bi-coastal when it comes to baseball.
9. Although I do not smoke, it doesn’t bother me. I prefer to smell smoke than body odor…just sayin’
10. When I go to a casino and once I sit at slot machine, I can’t change to any other machines that is within eye sight. I’m scared to get up, move over a couple of machines, only to watch someone hit the jackpot on “my machine.” I will move to the other end of the casino, when I do get up.
11. I collect fountain pens. I love the dip-in-the-ink kind, as well as modern fountain pens.
12. Pajamas are overrated. I have pajamas, but I don’t wear them.
13. The only flavor of jelly I like is grape.
14. I always wait until April 14th to file my taxes. I dislike people who wait until the very last day to file.
15. I like to eat pizza with my hands. Obviously I do not belong to any country clubs.
16. I carry a silver dollar with me at all times for good luck.
17. I have 33 pairs of shoes, but only 12 pairs of socks.
18. Some of my “friends” on Facebook are not really my friends, but more like frienemies.
19. I don’t always lock my front or back doors at home.
20. I have a shotgun. See #19.
21. I clip articles from magazines and sometimes never read them. Recently I scanned them all into my computer.
22. I can’t cook, but consider myself a culinary wizard with the microwave.
23. I save all my old passports. I don’t know why, they aren’t valid anymore. I guess I like all the colorful stamps from the places I have traveled to.
24. I can lucid dream.
25. I’m totally crushing on Danica Patrick. Note to Danica: Call me!
26. The sleeping pill is the mother of all inventions. Sometimes, it’s the only way to turn my brain off.
27. I would love to enter the Nathan’s Hot Dog eating contest. My personal best is two.
28. I talk a lot about food, but truth is, I really don’t like food.
29. My blogs are 50% poetic license.
30. I have to use Windex every day to clean my laptop screen. Cleanliness is next to Godliness in my book.
31. I forgot to get married.
32. I like doing unexpected things for total strangers, like paying for the coffee for the car behind me at the Starbuck’s drive-thru, and then driving off.
33. I lie about my height. I say 5’11”, when in reality, I’m only, 5’10”
34. I love getting mail.
35. Some days I skip lunch.
36. I love to draw. There are days I order a Nathan’s hot dog and draw at lunch time.
37. I love to crack myself up.
38. *I wear a size 18 shoe.
39. Any woman is attractive if they are wearing Red Door perfume.
40. I may take me twenty minutes to decide what flavor of ice cream to get…but I always will end up getting chocolate chip mint.
42. A funny woman is a sexy woman. What man doesn’t want to boink Sarah Silverman?
43. I do laundry every Saturday morning.
44. I carry tire chains in my car during the winter time, but I have no idea how to put them on.
45. I can eat a maple bar either right after church on Sunday mornings or when I am moving. All other times it tastes disgusting.
46. I practice writing my signature for when I am famous!
47. I once rode a bicycle (not a motorcycle, a bike, as in, if you don’t pedal, you don’t move) from Seattle to Washington D.C. in 49 days. I haven’t been on a bike since.
48. I use a sharpie marker to sign everything.
49. Humus make me sick.
50. I celebrate my dog’s birthday. Really I do. Happy Birthday Sunny! See.
Have a great day!
Follow me on Twitter @MrBrick
* When I wore clown shoes in the circus. #oldschool