I am not a funny guy. I don’t make my living yucking it up in a smoke-filled nightclub, I don’t write for any top rated sitcom (yet), and in fact if you ask my third grade teacher Mrs. Brooks, she will remind you that my antics aren’t funny at all. Not even in the least bit. So needless to say I am very humbled whenever I get a comment posted on my blog saying my writing made someone laugh. Here are some of my favorites comments:
- “Brilliant! I wet my knickers while reading your blog,” – Blog reader from Yorkshire, England.
- “Brilliant, I wet
my knickersthe car seat while reading your blog,” – Famous pop star (who doesn’t wear underpants)
- “Enjoyed your Blog. I’m Lovin it. I laughed so hard I spit up my Egg McMuffin” – Blog reader/McDonald’s customer
- “Your blog is banned here because we don’t want residents die laughing while reading it,” – CEO, Shady Rest Retirement Center
- “It’s pretty funny stuff. I love when you talk about your beautiful, faithful, sweet, loyal and loving dog,” – Sunny (Mr. Brick’s dog)
- “I knew you’d never grow up and amount to anything” – Mrs. Brooks
Ok, you get the idea.
So now I want to give you Mr. Bricks’ top-six ways to make your own blog funnier. No charge. Consider it an early Christmas present from me to you.
- Use the word underpants at least once in your blog
- Pretend your dog or cat can actually talk to you and then blog about it.
- Try really hard to use the words “skanky” and “Kardashians” in the same sentence. (Note: It’s super easy to do)
- Drink a six-pack of Diet Coke before you start writing. When you are all hopped up like that on Diet Coke you can really come up with some crazy crap.
- Try and use a picture of a yak somewhere in your blog. Yaks are funny.
- Blog about the stupidity of others. Always a crowd-pleasing blog.
Now you have the secrets which will reward you with thousands of chuckles from your blog and thousands of blog views each and every day!
Have a great day
Follow me on Twitter @MrBrick